Sunday, April 1, 2012

LCHF breakfast smoothie

Having this nutrition-bomb of a smoothie on your front-veranda is such a fabulous way of starting a day. I found the recipe on my new favourite blog www.densyvendesans.wordpress.com and only changed it slightly. 

1 tbsp linseed
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp dessicated coconut
80 g frozen raspberries
100 ml cream 
50 g cottage cheese
50 g Greek yoghurt 

(NB! The tablespoon measures I've used are all the 15 ml kind, which should equal an Aussie dessert spoon)

Combine the seeds and coconut in a blender and blend for a few seconds. 

Add the rest of the ingredients into the blender and blend untill smooth. Add some milk if it's too thick.  (I had to add some, but don't know the measure exactly)

Serve in a tall glass with a couple of ice cubes. This nutritious and KJ dense smoothie kept me full for six hours straight. 


1 comment: